NOISE (New Opera In Scotland Events) endeavours to keep your personal information safe and protected. We want to let you know about our work, including new commissions and unique music events which is why we collect personal data. We want our audience and supporters to trust us and to be confident that we only gather the information we need, that we store it securely and that we will only use it in order to tell you about our activities.
How we collect your personal information
We collect your information if you:
- subscribe to our e-newsletter through our website
- buy a ticket for one of our events through a host venue
- make a donation
- complete a feedback form
- contact us via email, our website contact form, phone or post
- work with us or enquire about working with us
Type of information we collect
Depending on what information you have shared with us, we may hold your name, email address, phone number, postal address, postcode and age. We may also gather information about your attendance at events and your interaction with our communications, such as e-newsletters.
If you are a supporter or potential donor, we may gather extra information, such as information about projects you currently fund and details that you provide for GiftAid claims.
If you work with NOISE, express an interest in working with us, or take part in one of our projects, we will gather and store further information about you.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect, store and use your personal data for one or more of the following reasons:
- you have given your consent for us to use your data
- we have a good reason to believe that you would like to hear from us (known as Legitimate Interest) i.e. you bought a ticket for one of our shows, and we want to get in touch to ask for your consent to contact you in future
- we need to process your data in order to fulfil a contract with you, or to undertake preparatory steps before entering into a contract
- we need to process your data in order to comply with the law
How we use your personal information
What we do with your information will depend on your relationship with us. If you are an audience member, supporter, potential supporter or someone who has expressed an interest in our work, we may use your information to:
- personalise communications you receive from us
- help demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to funders
- record who has made a donation so that we can tell them how their money has helped us, and to claim GiftAid where possible
- develop relationships with people who may want to support us
If you agree to receive marketing information from us, we’ll use your personal details to send you news we think you’ll be interested in, such as our productions, events, artists and fundraising activities. You can choose to unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button on the e-newsletter.
We won’t share your details with any other organisations for marketing purposes.
Where we use other companies to communicate with you, such as Mail Chimp and Survey Monkey, we’ll ensure that that they will not share your information and that they comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We might use your personal information and attendance at productions and events to build a profile of your preferences and to inform our marketing. If you do not want us to process your information in this way, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
We may occasionally use information about you to demonstrate the impact and reach of our work. This information would be anonymised in order that we don’t share anything which identifies you. We may use any feedback you give us for marketing and fundraising purposes, however we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you, unless we get your permission.
Our website does automatically collect standard information, such as a user’s IP address, browser type, operating system, access times, etc. Our website contains links to other websites. If you follow links to other websites, you should read their privacy policies to see how they use information about you.
If you would like to find out what information we hold about you, correct inaccurate information, or have any other queries regarding how we process your data, please contact us by phoning 07974007440 emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to James Robert Carson, 1/1, 10 Circus Drive, G31 2 JH
This privacy statement was last updated on 18 July 2018.